“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, April 13, 2013

DAPHNE IN HELL_commission


[27.9 x 35.6cm/11 x 14" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 100lb/300series bristol board] 




This image was a wonderful opportunity to try new things - in both technique and approach.

I took this last commission at ECCC from BRIAN CHURILLA. He's always been very friendly and complimentary to me and my work, and when he told me that this was his very first commission that he's ever asked from a fellow artist, it placed added pressure (to be honest, I probably did it all to myself) on me to make sure that he walked away satisfied with the execution of his request. I hope Brian likes it, even if it look a bit longer than I had originally promised.

Thanks for your patience, man. I'll send this out as quickly as possible.

4 comments:

david benzal said...

Wouuu!!! I love your drawings, Amazing.
Greetiings.

shamil said...

beautyful drawings...

Riley MacGregor said...

Awesome commission - i picked up that 7 Detectives book, too - great work!

Geoffroy said...

beautifful