“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, February 25, 2013

EMERALD CITY COMIC CON_update


[22.9 x 30.5cm/9 x 11" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen, COPIC marker on 100lb/300series bristol board]

[22.9 x 30.5cm/9 x 11" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen, COPIC marker on 100lb/300series bristol board]

[27.9 x 35.6cm/11 x 14" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 100lb/300series bristol board]

[27.9 x 35.6cm/11 x 14" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 100lb/300series bristol board]

[21.59 x 27.94cm/8.5 x 11" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 100lb/180gsm marker paper]

[21.59 x 27.94cm/8.5 x 11" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 100lb/180gsm marker paper]

[21.59 x 27.94cm/8.5 x 11" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 100lb/180gsm marker paper]

[21.59 x 27.94cm/8.5 x 11" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 100lb/180gsm marker paper]

[27.9 x 35.6cm/11 x 14" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 100lb/300series bristol board]






I know that convention season  starting gun' has started when I sart making plans to go to EMERALD CITY COMIC CON. This show has always been good to me - my experience, the people I meet (both pros and fans), the show organizers and the city of Seattle. I don't expect this year to be any different.

So if you're planning on attending (March 1-3, 2013), please take the time to drop by my table (TABLE U-05). As usual I will be sitting with the ESSENTIAL SEQUENTIAL crew; just look for the row of purple banners with our artwork on it - you cant miss them. Even better - look for the ridiculously long lines waiting for sketches and drawings and you'll have found either FIONA STAPLES or MIKE CHOI or TIM SALE or MATTEO SCALERA. I'm probably going to be the one right next to them eating a sandwich.

More importantly, if you're planning on getting a commission form me, it's best to get on my commissions list before the show starts. For one, it offers me a chance to start thinking about the image, if not start on it outright. And secondly, it guarantees you placement on my list which has limited availability.  I've come to realize that I'm not as fast as I used to be and doing these grayscale images seems to take me a lot longer these days. That said, in order to get on my list, please e-mail JASON SCHACHTER and discuss pricing and details with him. He's a lot more organized than I am and dealing with him directly will ensure that all the proper information is communicated to me, and that your commissions will be done, or at the very least, in line to be finished before convention's end.

I hope I will see as many as you possible. Thanks ahead of time to those who have always supporting my work. It is through your good graces and our time together that has made me appreciate ECCC each and every year. I hope I will get a chance to thank you personally.

3 comments:

Manuel Cadag said...

some touches are resemble to artworks of Alex Nino...right?

Karim Qabrawi said...

5tars :)))))

Karim Qabrawi said...

5tars :)))))