“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Friday, November 02, 2012

LONG BEACH COMIC CON_update

[6 x 9" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen, COPIC marker on 100lb/300series bristol board]





LONG BEACH COMIC CON is coming this weekend (Nov. 03 & 04, 2012). Please come and find me along with the rest of the ESSENTIAL SEQUENTIAL crew starting at BOOTH #1101.

As a nice bit of luck and coincidence, IDW PUBLISHING sent me my comp copies of the issue I did of ROCKETEER ADVENTURES Vol.2, Issue #3. Did you you know there's a 'SKETCH VARIANT' (1:10) cover by DARWYN COOKE?

It looks pretty damned sweet, if you ask me.

Anyway, I'm going to sell quick drawings like the ones above for $20USD, which will be accompanied by a copy of the issues from the set sent to me by the publisher. There's about 10 copies in total, so the this premium is very limited.

I hope to see many of you at the show. I'm sure this will send my art dealer JASON SCHACHTER into a small panic attack. But I'd rather give you a copy of the issue so that you can enjoy the awesomeness that is The Rocketeer like I do, rather than storing them in my garage someplace.

So there you go. I hope to see you guys are the show.

1 comment:

Barba Magn├ętica said...

I'll be there on saturday. And I'm very excited to meet you Eric and the legendary Mr. Wrightson. Hold one copy of the Rocketeer for me pleeeeease.
I'm looking forward to see all the amazing artists there.
Greetings from Brazil.