“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, November 12, 2012

ECCC SOUVENIR BOOK_update


[11 x 14" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen, COPIC marker on 100lb/300series bristol board]




It's been a tough week with deadlines and more deadlines. Yeesh.

My weekend zipped by and I couldn't tell you where all my time went in those two days. I mean, seriously - 48 hours just came and went and it felt like it was 15 minutes. All I know is that when I woke up this morning, it was already Monday. The last time I took note of what day it was, it was Thursday of last week. So... there you go.

The saving grace was that great friends who make for even better company were hanging out with me the entire time. We watched movies, played the new and amazing ASSASSIN'S CREED 3 video game, and ate out at food places that are meant for much younger metabolisms.

So to them, I give my thanks. SAM LIU, JON TSUEI, and the 'Great Kappakappa' herself, NATALIE HALL - thank you all for swinging down and making the workload that much more tolerable.


The image above was drawn for the EMERALD CITY COMIC CON souvenir book titled 'Monsters and Dames'. ECCC is one of my favorite shows in the country and it serves as sort of a 'starting gun' for when convention season opens because it is one of the shows that happens earlier in the year. I always have a ton of fun (well.. there was that one time I was sick as a dog, running a ridiculously high fever, and I was screaming, "I'm gonna die! I'm gonna die!" while writhing around my hotel room bed. Ask MATTEO SCALERA about it. He bore witness to my death roll) I love the way the show is organized, and most important - the fans from the state of Washington are some of the best around, and are tremendous supporters of my work. I don't know if it can get any better than that.


Okay. Back to work.



Eric.



1 comment:

estetik said...

Hello,
You are a Great while writing in the blogs it is awesome I liked it too much good and informative thanks for the sharing.
Estetik