“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, September 04, 2012

THE HERETIC_commission

[9 x 12" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 100lb/300series bristol board]



This is a creator-owned character that JOE PHILLIPS asked me for. I remembered this character from a while back and didn't know he'd been updated to a much better design.

There's nothing much to say from the art end of creating the image itself. Because of the fact that Joe is also a very competent draftsman, my only concern was to not look like a fool while drawing his character. I wish I had known more about him; I could've added whatever small narrative to include in such a small image.

Outside of that - it was very fun, very fast image to draw. I'm grateful to Joe for letting me have a go at it.

No comments: