“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Sunday, July 22, 2012

SWORD QUEEN_commission


[11 x 14" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 100lb/300series bristol board]




One more image from San Diego Comic Con. It took about three or four tries before I settled on this final pose. I still don't know if I got it right, but I was dealing with a truncated time line.

Over all, a lot of fun to do and she was a wonderful challenge to draw.


Onward.

1 comment:

PHARAOH said...

Peace!! I like this image! Very creative, keep it up.