“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, July 23, 2012

POST-AEON_commission

[9 x 12" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 100lb/300series bristol board]




The request was for an image of a character/woman who may've existed in the world of AEON FLUX.

Considering I worked on the show, you'd think this would've been a fairly easy assignment. But if you take into account that it's been years since I've had to put my head space into that awesomely stylistic world, and combine that with the fact that I'd never been as good at drawing those characters as much as the other people on the crew (PETER CHUNG and ROBERT VALLEY to name a couple), this particular request was a lot more challenging than I had anticipated.

I think I could've done with more straps, and buckles, and latches, and tourniquet type stuff. I wish I had another pass, but I will just have to get to the business of that later on. Too much on the 'To-Do' list, you know?

I hope you all have a great week. 

No comments: