“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, July 21, 2012

MAN OF HELL_commission

[9 x 12" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen, COPIC marker on 100lb/300series bristol board]



One of many challenges of doing the 'In the Spirit of...' policy is that once in a blue moon, someone will ask me to reinterpret a character that's damned near perfect in its current form.

Mind you, it probably has a lot to do with my personal reverence for those certain characters and that to me, designing them (or in this care re-designing them) would broach the subject of sacrilege. I'm really not quite sure what it is, but there have been a handful that I've just not been able to wrap my mind around.

I'd hazard to say that it's probably all in my head. 

1 comment:

PHARAOH said...

NICE! Great interpretation.