“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, April 21, 2012

UNZIPPER_commission

[11 x 14" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen, COPIC marker on sketchbook paper]



It's truly flattering when some one who's connected to my work via this blog approaches me and says, "Whatever it is that you're doing with those recent images...well, I want that." That pleases me to no end.

His only request was to include an attractive woman, one or both of his cats, and an image which had a small narrative. I wasn't comfortable drawing his cat.

I hope I got the other two things.

2 comments:

marshybarks :3 said...

This is beautiful *v* Do you do ink wash or is it just grey copics...? Got that question in my head for some time...

Mimi Cortazar said...

Great work!