“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, April 23, 2012

NAZI FIGHTER_commission

[11 x 14" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen, COPIC marker on 300lb. bristol board]



It was a HUGE honor for me to do his image for BEN TEMPLESMITH - who proclaimed upon asking me for the above drawing, "I've never had someone do a commission for me before. This will be my first!"

If you don't know who Ben is, a quick run down: He's a formidable illustrator, a creator of the highest degree, and looks most dapper in his three piece suits. Visit the link above for more proof.

It is to say that as a whole, he is an intimidating individual on multiple fronts. And now... I had to draw for him. I don't mind telling you, it made for a very long Saturday night which turned into a Sunday morning trying to come up with the concept. I just hope that he's happy with the results.



PS - If I've turned Ben off from ever getting any other commissions from fellow professionals in the future because I did such a piss-poor job with this image which popped his proverbial commissions cherry (and now he's completely allergic to the idea of ever doing it again because of the whole ordeal), I sincerely apologize for f*cking it up for everyone else. Really, really sorry.

12 comments:

andr-X said...

Very cool!!!

Mimi Cortazar said...

Nice work!

goodwinsdonefor said...

Well, I've been following your stuff for some time, and I think it's radical. Keep it up, more and more people are bound to notice.

pwood said...

Dude you are crazy if you think he would not like this piece. It is amazing and hot at the same time. Great job!!!!

pwood said...

Dude you are crazy if you don't think he would like this piece. It is not only awesome but she came out way hot kicking ass like that. Great job!!!!

Drew said...

Awesome. I like this one a lot, man.

Ben Lo said...

awesome, love the composition on this one!

Brian said...

It is an amazing piece and the only way it would stop Ben from getting another commission is that he would be afraid that he could never top this one.

Manoj Singh said...

Very cool! I spent some time looking at it.

Outsourcing data processing to India - http://www.dataentryhelp.com/outsource-data-processing-to-india.htm

Piyush said...

Dude you are crazy if you think he would not like this piece. It is amazing and hot at the same time. Great job!!!!



http://www.quantity-takeoff.com/

Robert Boatride said...

It's good work that I would expect anyone would enjoy. Did Ben T ever comment on it?

Manoj Singh said...

I truly appreciate this post.

Load Junction, load matching Services, Find Truck Loads, Find Freight and Trucks