“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Sunday, April 29, 2012

"FIVE MORE MINUTES..."_update

[11 x 14" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 100lb/300series bristol board]



"...then we've really gotta go."

7 comments:

Andre Szymanowicz said...

Eric, I really have to say I am enjoying your latest illustrations immensely. Even though they are seemingly stand-alone, they also give the feeling that some sort of narrative might be building in your head. Just like good comics, I think we want to put together what is left in between.

Fabián Fucci said...

I love this! Seeing your new posts is a daily joy.

Jonn Wood said...

I like to think it'd the man wearing the stripey socks.

:)

GOGOPEDRO said...

Met a guy at MOCCA this weekend in NYC who was talking about your work and, I SEE WHY! THIS is some REALLY fantastic stuff man. I'm following as of ten minutes ago and will probably be fawning over your image backlog for days to come... Killer work man. Thanks for the inspiration...

P

Brian said...

You do such an incredible job of conveying a sense of mood and telling a story with a single image.

kozikoz said...

This is amazing, I love your line, the way you have shown the light, atmosphere and everything, wow.

Brian Lue Sang said...

I love this one!!