“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, September 01, 2011

KICKSTARTER_update

[9 x 12" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen, COPIC marker on 300lb bristol board]


[9 x 12" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen, COPIC marker on 300lb bristol board]

[9 x 12" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen, COPIC marker on 300lb bristol board]


[9 x 12" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen, COPIC marker on 300lb bristol board]

[9 x 12" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen, COPIC marker on 300lb bristol board]




Some original images to be included as part of the rewards given to backers of the KICKSTARTER program for my forthcoming art book 'ENCORE'.

More to come later. Please stay tuned, and thank you for your continued patience.




PS - It's been brought to my attention that there are those who have asked about requesting specific character images for their reward. Sadly and respectfully, the answer must be "No." Honestly, it'll just be too difficult for me to provide that option for everyone. I am grateful for all the kind, generous and supportive patrons who have contributed to financing the production of the book. But as it is, this project is already a coordination challenge for me with all the new art I have to generate coupled my current workload and deadlines. And if I were too add trying to accommodate specific requested images... well, I hope you can sympathize with my situation.

So, the plan is to draw random images and distribute them just as randomly.

My sincerest thanks to all of you for your understanding and participation. I promise you that I will do my very best to give you something you can be proud of, and I swear I'll try to not draw a stinker.

Key word: Try.

2 comments:

Michael Pfeffer said...

Love the powergirl. Lots of people forget the giant muscles to go with her giant boobs.

Ertito Montana said...

authentically greats!!