“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, September 19, 2011

FAIRY QUEST_update

[14 x 17" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 300lb bristol board]



When HUMBERTO RAMOS (a luminary artist, illustrator of the highest kind) asks you to contribute to his upcoming, self-published book called 'FAIRY QUEST', you not only say 'Yes!', you try to not look foolish next to all the other people he's asked to be in the book with you. Couple that with the fact that Humberto has drawn some of his best sequential work ever, and it's not surprising that it turned out to be a pretty nerve-wracking experience for me.

Anyway, here was my offering.

I am proud and honored to be part of of the book and I will never be able to thank Humberto for thinking of me and including me in his most recent, exciting venture. I am so very lucky.

If you are interested in the book - I understand that it's in very high demand and in very short supply - you can order a copy for yourself by writing to this e-mail address: culturevandal@hotmail.com.

Have a great week, all.




6 comments:

Michael Pfeffer said...

The hatching on the roots/cliff is amazing.

I have to learn how to ink with a brush like a grown up.

Michael Pfeffer said...

Or Brush Pens which is what you use, just not stupid microns and sharpies.

matsujama12 said...

I love it !!!

abhishek said...

this is an amazing piece eric, love the composition.

Michel Mammi said...

Wonderful!!!!

Mario said...

Your black&white drawings are exceptionally beautiful.