“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, July 16, 2011

JUMP DOSSIER_update

JUMP DOSSIER - SDCC (2011)   8.5 x 5.5 inches, landscaoe - Full color pearlescent cover, B&W interior pages on vellum, heavy stock. 40 pages. $15.00USD + shipping and handling. 




I've generated a sort of dossier of this creator-owned work that I've been working on for a while now called 'JUMP'. It contains script page snippets, page thumbnails, character concepts, background and prop design work, and one of two inked panels from the finished pages themselves. But in order to stave off the shutting down of my brain due to my crippling obsession with perfection, I've limited the run of this 'preview book' to 300 copies. I'm so very self-conscious of the perception of this whole thing before it's ready for review and public consumption but I understand the need for early promotion in order to get the positive, forward momentum. It's a vicious circle.

However, for the sake of my neurotic mind, I will not show you preview images from the interior of the book here on my blog as the idea of people seeing my rough sketches and unfinished work will drive me absolutely crazy. You're just going to have to check it out for yourself in person.

Copies of the JUMP Dossier will be available for purchase at SAN DIEGO COMIC CON 2011, at my Artist Alley table, DD-10.



PS - JON TSUEI, writer of the JUMP comicbook will be at my table to sign copies of the book as well. And I share this with you now - I dislike him with a mild passion. It's going to make for an awkwardly tight Artist Alley space, folks. Come by and say 'hello' to help break the tension, won't you?

12 comments:

blackconan said...

The new book looks and sounds like it will be dope but how do I get one if I'm not going to SDCC? Will you be making it available online? I'm too broke for SDCC but I've definitely got 15 bucks.

Greg said...

Must. See. Inside...

I hope you sell all 299 of them! I'm just guessing one copy will get lost and end up on my doorstep somehow.

John F said...

Would love a copy Eric - any chance to purchase if not attending SDCC?

You continue to inspire!

Randy said...

I'm looking forward to this! See you there!

Daniel Campos said...

Wow, so at 300 copies only and such a great price I guess you'll be selling out within the first day or two of the show.

Will you be offering any here or somewhere else online for those of us not able to attend the show should you (and I highly doubt it) not sell completely out?

werther Dell'Edera said...

I book a copy! I book a copy! I won't be at the Comicon, but i definitely WANT buy a copy! (let me know how) ^^

Mr. Blue said...

See you there!

anthony anello said...

did you color it yourself or is that someone else? whichever it is, they're amazing and fit your style perfectly. Kudos, and "more please"...

AviB said...

I think you should make this available to buy online..especially for those of us who helped out on the Kickstarter book (yes, that's a guilt trip I'm booking)....

Andre Szymanowicz said...

I love that you are working on getting your creator-owned ideas out there, Eric! Kudos! I hope there would be some of these left over, if you were visiting Baltimore this year! Have a good con!

Unknown said...

I have a check ready for a copy of JUMP DOSSIER - SDCC (2011).

Where I be able to make an order?

Do you have online store or something?

Unknown said...

I have a check ready for this copy of JUMP DOSSIER - SDCC (2011).

Where do I send to?

Thanks.