“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, May 07, 2011

ARTIFACTS_cover

[11 x 17" - red pencil, brush & technical pen on 300lb bristol board]


I'm way behind in uploading this image because I never know if I'm allowed to do it before solicitation. I was informed that this book was not only solicited, but it's actually been on the stands already. So... here you go: a cover with a butt-load of Aphrodite robots.

I'd like to give a huge thanks to Top Cow and their dedicated editorial staff for dealing with me. I was in the middle of doing some storyboards and designs for various animated projects, I was up to my neck, drowning in those deadlines, and guys like Filip Sabik (and the assistants in his office) did all they could to accommodate me. They're a classy organization and they bent over backwards in order to make sure this looked as slick as possible by the time it was all colored up and released for public consumption.

Anyway. Thanks all. I hope everyone is having a good weekend.

2 comments:

Mihir Malavia said...

Awesome work! You have a very unique line and style to your work. Your posing and illustrative approach to all your pieces is always inspiring. Well done!

Oscar Martín said...

NICE!!!