“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

TIGER & LILLY_commission

[11x14 - graphite, watercolor, COPIC marker, color pencil on sketchbook paper + PS/CS3]


This was one of the most uncooperative sheets of paper I've had to paint on. It was 'thirsty' to the point frustration -  there was almost no way to manipulate the watercolor as I normally would. Definitely an exercise in patience.

A ton of fun to do, a lot of learning, a lot of, "Oh, sh*t. Well, how do I recover from that?" I was gritting my teeth the entire time. I think may have even bitten the side of my mouth.

Anyway, there it is.

4 comments:

Comix Book Gurl said...

LOVE!!!

Tee said...

Aii, this is looking sick mate

Calader said...

The sheet might have been uncooperative, but it still looks amazing :) as usual!

Fabian said...

And yet you came up with this master piece! Love these color works you are posting. I know you must have some very very happy customers. :)