“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

THE VALKYRIE_commission

[11 x 14" - blue pencil, brush & technical pen on 300lb bristol]


If you've read anything about DANIELLE MOONSTAR then maybe you'll be left scratching your head as much as I was when I found out she was endowed with magical Asgardian powers which turned her into a Valkyrie.

Confused? Yeah, I know. Me too. Welcome to my November 2010.

Enjoy your X-mas, everyone. I'm gonna wish that Santa brings me more height so America's elite corporate billionaires will accept me as one of their own.

6 comments:

Neil said...

There's only one true Valkyrie for me.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/attachments//1276589-MarvelTales105KidaAirboyValkyrieCover.jpg

Colin said...

So you didn't read Asgardian Wars back in the mid-80s?? With my all-time favorite Arthur Adams artwork ever?? And Mingola on inks!! For shame, Eric, for shame!!

j_ay said...

man, oh man...that is amazing.

Pocket-Sized Cinematographer said...

Michael Bloomberg is only 5'6". And if you're willing to compete with mere multi-millionaires, I think you're slightly taller than Jeffrey Katzenberg. Merry Christmas!

Brian said...

Great drawing, Eric, I love it.

As for the other thing, you don't need height to join the billionaire boys' club, you need, for lack of a better word, greed.

3rd-string jedi said...

love the composition on this, would love to see a larger version of it.