“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, November 15, 2010

MONSTERS & DAMES ARTBOOK_commission

[11x14" - red pencil, COPIC and STAEDTLER markers on 300lb bristol board]


For EMERALD CITY COMIC CON and their upcoming 2011 convention souvenir book. I don't know which other artists and creators will be included, but I'm sure their monsters and/or dames will be so much more monster-y and/or dame-y than mine. I recall the one they released a couple of years ago to be pretty humbling and exciting by way or art and participants. So if you go to the show, please pick one up and show your support.

Hey. Do you like the fact that I'm not posting here as much as I used to? Yeah? I don't. I despise it. The new year is coming around and I think that'll be my New Year's resolution. Which is a little lie on my part since I don't believe in that sort of drivel, but it's nice to say and think about.

Anyway, here's hoping I'll be more consistent next year. Because I know between now and the end of January, my schedule is gonna be a bitch. A bitch.

7 comments:

M. DeLeRee said...

Eric, GREAT Piece!

Daniel said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!

SO monster-y, SO dame-y.

Brian said...

Actually, this is exactly the type of thing I'm looking for when the them is Dames and Monsters.

Excellent work for a worthy cause. Thanks for doing this and for sharing with us.

Andy Gouveia said...

Wow cool shapes. How did you compose that? Love that clothe swirl holding the left side in.

Yasemin Baran said...

Gorgeous on Eric! Loving it ;D

Mindy Lee said...

It was an honor sharing a table with you for this convention. I am so not worthy! Your work and your flattery blows my mind. You are more deserving of the title of Art Beast! Though I would gladly take it cause I like Gaga. I will store it away till the day I am deserving of it.
P.S.Moebius knows Tai Chi!

Sturstein said...

Yes, more posting! And to hell with those other fancy pants artists - we want a book full of nothing but Eric Canete monsters and dames!