“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Sunday, October 10, 2010

SIREN & QUORRA_commission



[11x14" - red pencil, pen & ink on 300lb bristol board]



More TRON: LEGACY art, commissioned after I did the original exercise - this time specifically asking for some light cycles. I thought I should include my two most favorite things from the trailers: the drop-dead gorgeous bombshell females. This is also slightly smaller by comparison, which made it an intriguing challenge to simulate the intricate details of the former piece. It was a worthwhile endeavor and I believe it yielded decent results.

This piece should've been delivered at this year's NYCC (a show that I did not attend - again, my apologies to those who I had made plans to meet with) and I hope the buyer can find it within themselves to forgive me for the snafu. I promise that it will be delivered to you soon. Thank you for your patience.

I hope that everyone who attended the show had a great experience.

8 comments:

Chris Shields said...

That is friggin wicked man. Yeah, we missed you at NYCC, but it was all good. I snapped up that Harley Quinn piece and a Phoenix prelim that you did from Jason. Gotta get a commission from you one of these days.

Alina Chau said...

beautiful!!!

charlieclark said...

wow, you need to work on a tron book

Frank said...

Hi Eric,

We met at last year's Big Apple Comic Con. I spent the weekend at your booth, studying your work.

You were definitely missed at NYCC. Great work as always. You're definitely an inspiration. Hope to see you soon.

Be well,
Frank Reynoso

breignier said...

Did somebody say: you + Tron book?!
Now that's a fabulous idea :)

Meandre said...

I think the "What else" was meant for you ! Great as usual. Am jealous, in a positive way !

Meandre said...

I think the "What Else" was meant for you ! Am jealous, in a positive way !
Great work !!!

DADICUS said...

Eric I love your random commission art! It's so fresh and thoughtfull.

So what do you work on daily what is the day to day Eric art project?
Is there any story board art that you've been doing along side this fantastic stuff?

I love your story board art work it's so wonderful!