“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

ROMANOV, NATASHA_commission

[11x14" - red pencil, pen & ink on 300 lb bristol board]



This commission, along with the other previous ones, are pre-show images done for this weekend's upcoming NYCC. I wanted to get as many of them finished and ready for pick up once the show started that way there's less stress on me getting them done at the actual show.

It's been quite the enjoyable challenge to get them all done, especially since the people who commissioned them from me asked for a really wide variety of things to draw - surprisingly, there were a few of them (especially the Muppets one) that I had never drawn in my life. Superheroes are easy, in my opinion. It's the characters that have a certain history that really throw me for a loop - those are the ones that I get super nervous about.

Anyway, I'll upload more as the show gets closer. Or... who knows? Maybe I'll do it all in one post hereafter. Whatever. Point is, you get to see them, yeah? Here's the first - Black Widow. Enjoy.

5 comments:

Wakko! said...

Simply awesome, man... as all of your work is.

Can't wait to see the others.

Jhomar Soriano said...

Enjoyed. Enjoyed na enjoyed.

AlexTuis said...

You are good, you are a pro!

Andrew Hanna said...

This one was for me, just wanted to say thanks, It's fantastic!

Eddy said...

Nice! Gotta love Black Widow and her big guns!

-Eddy