“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, October 07, 2010

HELLBOY & DIANA_commission

[11x14" - red pencil, pen & ink on 300lb bristol board]



I won't be able to go to NYCC this year. It's not a big deal - I'll go to the next one; that convention isn't going anywhere.

I did want to address the pre-convention commissions like the ones I've posted here the past few days. If you've requested one from me via Jason at JASON@ESSENTIALSEQUENTIAL.COM, then you can pick up your commission from him directly at the show. He's running back and forth between tables as he's also representing DAVE JOHNSON, ANDREW ROBINSON (Table F16), and MATTEO SCALERA (Table F15). If you would like to be absolutely sure as to where Jason will with your original art, then *PLEASE* e-mail Jason and set up meeting with him on the show floor to pick up your purchase.

I'd like to thank all of you for your continued support and I hope each and every one of you has a safe trip into town. Enjoy your weekend and have a great convention.

2 comments:

AlexTuis said...

Oh my god!!!
I really like the Harpie in the background, I like the Frazetta reference, even if there was also the creature in Hellboy.

This visual is stunning!

Daniel said...

I cannot believe how good this is.
It is jaw-dropping!

Your artwork is always dynamic, classic and stylistic, and core-shakingly inspiring.