“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

DR. STRANGE_commission

[11x14" - red pencil,  pen & ink on 300lb bristol board]


It was a long day of uninspired design followed by a long night of watching bad/disturbing sci-fi. I'm tired like I haven't been tired in a while so I don't have anything clever or insightful to say about this commission - outside of the fact that I did the thing twice. Again. And that's not really all that clever nor insightful. It speaks more towards my neurotic and obsessive/compulsive mind preventing me from going through with something unless it 'feels' right.

Anyway, here's  Dr. Strange fighting (conjuring?) magical ghost eels. Which, I guess if you could fight any sort of eels, would be the preferable choice as eels in real life are quite horrendous and nightmarish. Enjoy.


1 comment:

tony Iammarino said...

The lost and found edges in this one make me remember my childhood reading my father's THE SPIRIT comics.

I look at your work all the time and think it is truly inspiring.

thx