“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, September 27, 2010

JUDGE DREDD_90 minutes




I remember losing my mind way back when SIMON BISLEY ('Biz' for those in the...uh...biz) did a painted graphic novel using these title characters. His work on that book was such a high water mark for me visually, I genuinely believed that from there on down Batman should always look all 'roided up - like his muscles were about to pop. I clearly didn't have my head screwed on straight.

I'm ashamed to say that don't know too much about JUDGE DREDD except for what Sylvester Stallone told me and I'm going to guess that ol' Sly's portrayal is not an all-inclusive definition of this character. As a matter of fact, I can't remember anything from that movie except for the overused tag line, "I... am THE LAW!" Oh, wait! I also remember the timeless Diane Lane playing JUDGE HERSHEY




Mmm. Diane Lane.



PS - Yes, I drew him standing in 'milk' again. I guess I should go and find bigger paper than the 9x12" bristol that I've been using. Or draw smaller? Whatever.

7 comments:

Ben BASSO said...

Awesome !

damon said...

WOW!!!

Strange Kid said...

Love me some Judge Dredd... and Diane Lane. If only the film had been more like the comics.

aintshakespeare said...

fabulous

Colin said...

Diane Lane in a fight with Joan Chen... that movie wasn't all bad.

vitalik shu said...

amazing composition! you so inspires ))))

Carpincho said...

Hello, Greetings from Mar del Plata, Argentina. My name
is CARPINCHO and would like to show you, if you allow me,
The trailer for my next short film. This is a
super-heroic adventure (a genre that barely exists in
these regions)

http://zonacosmica.blogspot.com/2010/09/la-alianza-
trailer-and-poster-definitivo.html

If you give me your opinion about the trailer, I really appreciate it. From already thank you very much. Greetings.