“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

DR. GIRLFRIEND & HER MURDEROUS MOPPETS_commission




Actually, did she only have the little dwarfs when she was Lady Au Pair? I can't recall exactly and I read some place that the two eventually started dressing up in the standard henchmen outfits? That's so strange to me. But considering that I haven't watched a VENTURE BROS. episode in quite some time, things may have changed considerably.

That said, I think next to Brock Sampson, Dr. Girlfriend (aka: Dr. Mrs. The Monarch) is my most favorite character from the series. Why, you ask? The Harvey Fierstien-like voice, of course! It's such a great show and such an awesome premise. I can't wait until I have some free time so I can get caught up with the new episodes. Hmm... come to think of it, is the show even still on the air?

Anyway, this is a commission for a friend who was kind enough to wait for it since forever. I figured I'd try to give him something good to look at. Plus, if you consider the pedigree of the other artists in this book already, I thought I'd better step up my game so that I don't come off as the weak link. Thus the Copics and marker rendering. I hope I did okay by you, Jim.

Welcome back from the extended weekend, everyone. Did you guys gorge yourselves on BBQ'ed meats and other foods that aren't heart conscious? I hope so.

10 comments:

Comix Book Gurl said...

simply amazing

Annie Wu said...

Holy whoa. This is great!

I see VB questions, so I must unleash my nerdiness... The Moppets didn't take on the henchmen uniforms but started dressing up as The Pupae Twins to go along with the butterfly theme. And the second half of VB Season 4 is going to supposed to kick off in August.

Anyway. The Moppets are already pretty creepy but you managed to make them even worse. I think it's their extra-beefy arms. Totally works.

Tom said...

Wow, beautiful piece!! I love the butterflies.

Jim said...

Jim is more then ok. This is awesome, thanks so much man. It's steller.

Kendra Melton said...

I just came across your blog and oh my goodness its fantastic! I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for being so talented and posting your wonderful work. :]

Martin Ezequiel Barrera said...

hello, I really love your work, a friend recommended your blog and i fascinated .

Michael Pfeffer said...

They were there when she was Dr Fiance helping her at the wedding.

So that sorta answers your question?

I enjoy the picture. Pillbox hat hurray.

Federico Distefano said...

Beautiful and funny!
:D

Brian said...

Dang, that's good. Jim is a lucky man.

Irma Ahmed / Aimo said...

Being a fan of VB, I'm very much in love with this. Despite being the 'villains' I love Dr. Mrs. The Monarch Girlfriend's and her husband's antics ^_^ Lovely depiction of her and her Moppets; Your friend must be rally happy with this!