“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, April 22, 2010

VIXEN_commission

I'm home. Finally. I think I'm going to be tired for a little while as my travels are starting to catch up to me. I think I will try and get some sleep now.

But before I go, I'd like to give thanks to those of you who have kept coming back during my absence, thank you to those who have consistently left comments and have said such wonderful things. And most of all, I'd like to thank Jon and Val for holding down the fort while I was away. They have done an outstanding job in making sure the updates were entertaining and seamless and I don't know how this blog could have maintained without their diligence. You guys are my heroes.

I think I'm going to be here for a pretty decent tenure (maybe a month or so?), so there should be some pretty consistent updates. But please don't hold me to that - there's still work-work that needs to be done now that I'm back.

That said, here's a commission I did at last weekend's C2E2 in Chicago of DC Comics' PETA rep, Vixen. And I know she's not very Vixen-y without her trademark claw necklace. So... maybe she's not Vixen and instead she's just some random lady who has animals growing out of her back? Yes. Let's say that instead.

Thanks again, everyone. It's nice to see that you're all still here.

10 comments:

Mimi Cortazar said...

nice work.

Illustrator's Lounge said...

um, you do realise this is amazing, right?

Geo.

Jeremy said...

You don't have to worry about us going anywhere. Business is business, and the more you have, the more we get to see of your work. As always (and I think I speak for the majority of people who've seen your work), you never cease to amaze. Keep it up. We're behind you.
~J

j_ay said...

Enjoy sleeping in your own bed and continued thanks for constantly inspiring us.

AlexTuis said...

It is good for your karma to do things for animals!
<;)

Nice, very nice piece indeed.

AlexTuis said...

It is good for your karma to do things for animals!
<;)

Nice, very nice piece indeed.

Lesley Vamos said...

brilliant - as always ^_^

Alphonse Plume said...

Wonderful ! It's crazyer than before ! It's always a pleasure to see your latest arts, makes me wanna do better !

ArtLegence said...

Wow looks great. What did you use to color this one?

cory j walker said...

fantastic