“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

NICK FURY_commission

C2E2 went well from my understanding. There was a hiccup regarding the Avengers print, but it all worked out in the end. The above image was one of the commissions Eric did at the show.

He would like to thank all of you who dropped by the table and said hello. His words via text:

"It was a hoot. There was a bath/sink/shower show at the same convention center and it made me think I got into the wrong business. People don't always need comics. They needs them their toilets. Slight hitch in the Avengers print but Jason and I smiled and went on with business. BTW, we gotta invest in a new pair of shoes for him... his shit is RANK!

The turn out was great. SO many cool people dropping by the table... Pros and fans. Humbling. Gotta thank all of them on the blog, yeah? Also, gotta show you this OG dinosaur illo I got from Sara Richard... Richards? S? No S? Anyway it looks foliage (*?)  phenomenal! If it arrives not torn to shit in my luggage, I'll put it up in the guest room. Be home soon. Charlotte's in a month. How's the new script?"


So there you go. As per the man's request, a big "THANK YOU!" to everyone who showed their support. Also, I think that 'foliage' part is iPhone's way of either auto-correcting or keeping things kids safe. I mean, I've never heard of anyone's art work being akin to leaves, vines and shrubbery before. But who knows - Eric's a kook.

Have a good week everyone.


-Jon Tsuei

3 comments:

Lesley Vamos said...

Brilliant composition - I love the way you've drawn the smoke! ^_^

j_ay said...

Damn, that's a cool Nick Fury.

So JT, how _is_ the new script????

Eric Armand Njanga said...

I specially like Fury's aggressive face. it's very nice.