“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, April 01, 2010

CAGE#3_cover

I've got two topics I wanted to cover on this blog that doesn't belong to me. They are: "I am AWESOME this weekend." and "Beware the Monkey-Eric doppleganger."

#1 - Warner Bros Animation director extraordinaire Sam Liu, art handler/major domo Jason Schachter and I are walking around at this year's Wonder Con in San Francisco. It's going to be a great trip and an even better hang-out session for us because it's my birthday and I expect anyone who knows me to buy me everything and anything I ask for. That's more than just a subtle hint, you guys. And if you don't know what I want, just ask me and I'll tell you exactly. It doesn't get any easier than that.

#2 - There may be a guy hanging out with us this weekend who sort of looks like Eric Canete. Be forewarned, it's not really him. It's his stand-in, "Bobo". It's a trained chimpanzee we're using as his substitute because Eric has been missing for a while. We would say we're worried about Eric's long absence, but at this point we've managed to teach the monkey to shake hands and draw comic book pages, so we can probably train him to be exactly like the man. So if you see us, I suggest you don't look the monkey straight in the eyes. He flings poop. Just like Ece.

Anyway, here's the cover to Luke Cage #3. Enjoy your weekend and buy me my presents.

Oh, yeah... VIVA ME!


-Jon Tsuei

5 comments:

Lesley Vamos said...

hahah - happy birthday Jon ^_^

j_ay said...

Let's see some of Bobo's art...

May your birthday bring you all the pie you desire...

Eric Aaron Peters said...

That cover to Cage #3 looks badass! Can't wait to see more art from the book!

Dwight Clark said...

Happy B-Day,Tsuei, Hey man I dont know if I ever gotta chance to say thanks for the con pics last year, but seriously thanks man!

ERIC THIS IS A KICK ASS COVER DUDE!
Fearless man, actually want to by this book now and I had NO intention earlier!

AlexTuis said...

I really like what you are doing with Cage.

With you he is finally really strong. And nervous, like a man victim of a sort of rage. He is outstanding!