“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, February 20, 2010

SPACEBOY says, "FAH-Q."

You may ask what's with the recent rash of images with characters giving the bird? I have no idea. But let me warn you now that the next set of drawings I'm going to upload is a middle finger tour de force. If you're easily offended, go here instead and have a nice day.

Otherwise it's probably safe to say that Eric has issues that he's putting to paper. I think at one point he was this close to giving up on wearing clothes and moving to a log cabin in the woods. For whatever reason, here's hoping he gets it out of his system very soon. Convention season is coming up and we need our cash cow with a level head and thinking without bias.

But for the next week you're going to recognize a theme. And if you're really paying close attention you'll see who he's directing all this love to. Enjoy.

-Jon Tsuei

4 comments:

Roberto said...

Dude! His work and very good!, I'm Brazilian and I still follow his work .... I ate a blog_robertomoreirabr.blogspot.com
If you have time, go through it.

Neil said...

I'm #1? How nice.

Is that a reflection in the fingernail?

j_ay said...

badass!

and thanks for the puppies, Jon.

AlexTuis said...

I love this team of super hero!
Do you listening sometime MCR?