“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, February 18, 2010

PRIS_rough

Here's part of a painting I found in Eric's filing system, aka the trash can. There are more but this is the only one I'm allowed to show. At least that's what he says. We'll see about that.

And if you're in the Long Beach area this coming weekend, there is a one day Comic Book Expo in town. Please check out the link to see the guest list and for more information. Eric will be there selling books and prints with fellow artist and concept designer Naomi Baker. Please visit their table and show your support.

Also, we'd like to thank everyone who has responded to our "Travel the World" call to arms. We've gotten a ton of invites and we've accepted the ones we could squeeze in between Eric's work and convention schedule. I don't think we'll have enough time in the year to take everyone up on their graciousness, but it's going to be one exciting year. Thanks again!

-Jon Tsuei

5 comments:

James Clayton said...

Awesome stuff!

Jonboy! said...

See Jonny you can totally raid his trash bin and start selling it on Ebay! Totally pays for the trip to SF!

Cristina said...

I've arrived at your blog by sheer, but I'm amazed!! You're a master!! Your style is fantastic, It's a full of strength and acction. The female characters are rude and sensuous.
I'm really exited! I want to draw now!!

*___* I'll follow you closely!! ahahaha!!

^_^ Greetings from Spain!

Julia Bax said...

Ohhh I so love Pris!! Beautiful work as usual.

Sacha Borisich said...

This Pris is GREAT! My favorite movie of all time, I love the the choice of color as well as the expression.