“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, February 06, 2010

"Madam... you're a fool."

At least that's what I think the old man is saying? I'm not sure though, I can't read the script.

This is an unused panel from an unannounced project? I'm genuinely interested in how people will react to this  set of pages since it's a departure from what I think anyone expects from Eric. After seeing the prelims for these, I have to admit, he can draw the hell out of men in suits! It's like seeing those Leyendecker "Arrow Collars" advertisements. It's really amazing images, you guys.

And I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but since he's away you get a sneak peak. Until he yells at me and asks me to take it down, that is. Enjoy it while you can, Internets.

-Jon Tsuei




7 comments:

j_ay said...

suits and big pipes...looks great!

James said...

Hey, is it too late for Eric to be the artist on Matt Fraction's Thor? Now that John Romita Jr's doing Avengers, and all.

Will Shyne said...

Love to see the art ALWAYS but that Vimeo test card is slowing this thing down for me BIG time.
Keep up the good work.

Brian said...

I'm intrigued and hope this project does end up seeing the light of day.

Jared Fiorino said...

Just discovered your blog. Great stuff!

mathias said...

yes - this looks fantastic

it seems like a great idea for eric to do something like this - a graphic novel type album, european style, more stylized, caricatured characters and action, graphically a little more flamboyant and extravangant ...


m

Bunny said...

Come hang out with the comic book guys based in the Philippines! :D