“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, February 04, 2010

LILITH HEARTS MORRIGAN_90 minutes

Okay, so I don't know what or who is pissing him off or who's inspiring him right now, but Eric's drawing like a crazy person and you guys who read his blog are going to be the beneficiary. There are an obscene amount of 90 minute exercises all over the floor and I haven't seen him draw this much since back in the heyday. And guess what? None of them are "draw-overs". Not one. And if you know anything about the way the guy works, you know that's near impossible.

So I'm really, really scared now because I don't know who the person is who's sitting at his desk. I'm going to ration this stuff out, but I think I can put up one new image a day for the next three weeks or so. I'm just guess-timating.

Oh... and he's painting. A lot. Is that enough hype for you? Tune in tomorrow.

-Jon Tsuei


6 comments:

Carlos said...

Great work, as always!! I like the hou your art looks once inked!, it seems to be done quite fast but with enought knowledge!

Keep doing your best!

csteingart said...

Well I'm hyped! Free back rubs for who's ever working the scanner!

-c

Odd Voodoo said...

Amazing...what more is there to say.

Joe

TMBritton said...

Does Canete have an art book out? I love his sketches. Love the dynamic camera angles and gestures. Would be great to see them collected.

j_ay said...

great to hear.
reeeeeeeeeally looking forward to see some paintings...

jason s said...

TMBritton; His latest sketchbook is available at www.essentialsequential.com or you can email me directly at jason@essentialsequential.com and i'll get one out to you.
best,
jason