“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, February 01, 2010

"Hello, ladies. Wanna be in my sketchbook?"

Being an artist must be a pretty decent racket. I mean, how easy would it be to walk around with a sketchbook, step up to  random, beautiful women and ask them if I could sketch them? And then to actually have the skillz (notice the 'Z', in 'skillz', people - that's next level) to back it up? Let's just say that my Friday nights would be very busy.

Anyway, here's some images that I found when I visited his house. I think it's pretty obvious which part of this model's body Eric was focused on. Focused like a laser. There's a whole lot of these drawings, but I got tired of scanning so this is what you guys get. And I think he just threw in the random shot of the hands and feet to make it seem like he's not a complete pervert.

When I asked him if he was going back to the next live model drawing session, the resounding answer was, "Hell yes."

That's my boy. Sometimes I envy this pervo bastard's life.


3 comments:

csteingart said...

Those are great! Love the negative shapes in those. Makes me wanna look at naked.. I mean draw!

pablo pablo said...

great!

Mark Montague said...

Brillant!!