“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, February 11, 2010

CAGE#2_cover

I don't know if Marvel has used this image in their solicitations, but what the hell. I figured that it'll help get the word out. Art and colors by Eric himself. He said he had to do it digitally because painting it practically would've taken forever and they needed it for solicitation.

Gotta love them tigers, man.

-Jon Tsuei

12 comments:

AlexTuis said...

Oh yes I love tigers!
Amazing colours and wonderful cover!
I really love the second tiger...

Greg said...

NICE! Awesome palette!

RAWLS said...

Siiiick!!

samacleod said...

Wow, what an amazing piece! Crazy good, sheesh!

tomahhr said...

Fantastic! I love the motion you're getting across here! And animals... man, they're rough to draw... but you have it down pat! And they look like YOUR tigers... they're certainly a part of your specific vision... Sweet!

j_ay said...

gorgeous!

potato farm girl said...

I like tigers. :D

Brian said...

No lions, just tigers, no bears, oh my!

Great job, Eric.

Tom said...

Awesome cover! I am looking forward to this series, I want to see those tigers in action on the interior pages!!

Julia said...

my hero ;D

kit said...

ferociously done!

Justin said...

Love it! I'm totally buying this series.

I wish you could do your own colors all the time; so many colorists--even good ones--just don't know how to let your work shine.