“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Things In Eric's Head

I'm sure in the day to day things that Eric has to think about, there's more to him than Star Wars, comics and cartoons. At least I want to give him the benefit of a doubt. This image is done for an interview that Eric did a week or two back. You can look for it if you want, but when he sent me the link I couldn't read Italian so my interest was at a bare minimum. Why couldn't he just do an interview for an Australian guy? Someone from the UK? I guess plain ol' English is just too good for him.

By the way, he told me to apologize to you all for the slow and infrequent posting. The work he's producing right now is extensive, time consuming, and not available for the general public to look at. I think he's lying through his teeth, but what do I know? Whatever. I'm going to take a snap shot of a few of the pieces and blow up his secret projects then get him in trouble with his publishers.

I'm still quite resentful about the loss of pie and my need for vengeance runs deep. Deep.

For now, his fans are just going to have to deal with the few scraps of art that I've managed to pull from the floor and scanned up for all to see. Up next? Eric does some life drawings (aka: He's really a closet pervert, he met a pretty girl and pulled the "Let me draw you naked because I'm an artist" card).


-Jon Tsuei

9 comments:

j_ay said...

..."and not available for the general public to look at"

I hope that's just a not YET available.

azhar said...

love all your fan art..so mesmerizing.

so now what's yer new comic project sir?

Tom said...

Wow, really wonderful piece. I hope material like this will be published in future sketchbooks! I am excited to hear/see more regarding what Eric is cooking up, pumped for the Cage miniseries too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ryan Hanratty said...

Eric, fricin' awesome work. I recently lost my computer, in turn losing the bookmarks of my favorite artists, and went without checkin' up on the site for quite some months. I'm damn glad I got this one back, was worth the wait.

Odon said...

Awesome! Calvin and Hobbes! Thor, Iron Man, Elmer Fudd!

TRACERfire said...

Not quite pie, but here's a pretty rough Google Translated version of the interview:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&tl=en&u=http://comic-soon.com/pinocuozzo/2010/01/21/229/

Also, here's a clean scan of the Luchadore sketch that Eric was kind enough to provide for me at SDCC 2009. It was also great to meet you Jon! Thanks for putting up with my rambling and helping out with that sketch for a friend during the dying moments of the convention! ;)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tracerfire/4322958521/

-JP

naomiful said...

lol jon you are a great writer

Cant wait to see these life drawings :)

Hanie said...

I wonder if I can pull that"Let me draw you naked because I'm an artist" card with a cute guy. LOL. And I'm not even a proper artist XD

Nemanja Indjic said...

If you need top of the line news with nice graphics and fancy colors, then this is the website for you. Go to this site everyday and get informed!
Za Male Pare