“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hijacked

I have hacked and hijacked Eric Canete's blog. Why, you ask? It's all really simple. We had a Christmas party and he ate the last slice of pumpkin pie. I really love pumpkin pie and he ate it all. Friends don't do that to one another. In fact, friends save slices of pie for one another. So for now, I control this blog and I will not relinquish my hold until someone gives me pie.

For those of you who haven't read the news, Eric will be drawing Luke Cage. Unfortunately, it's not the afro wearing, butterfly collar, Power Man version of Cage. Here are some preview pages, fans on the internet are still completely polarized by Eric's art and I'm still upset over pie. Have a nice day.

-Jon Tsuei

14 comments:

RAWLS said...

Fantastic pages my friend!!

William said...

I'm loving it! I'm glad to see Eric's art on another old school cool character like Luke Cage.
And I like his current look, the old school look was too old school.
Hey Eric what is the time line in your new art-book? From what period are these works from?
Basically what can I expect to see in it?

dustin nguyen said...

saw the cover solicit man, these pages are funky fresh. love the parking lot scene.

John G said...

These pages kill.

csteingart said...

Doooope!

j_ay said...

holy poop (or pie, if you prefer)...emailing my comics' guy to hook me up with soem more Cante goodness. Nice to know Marvel is keeping you busy...

Jon, I'd mail you some pie but I think it woudl be pretty green by the time it arrives...

Chanko said...

Fantastic pages!

Riccardo Fasoli said...

Awesome pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chain said...

you people are missing the big issue..............
My condolences for the loss of pie

Brian said...

Great pages. Not a big Luke Cage fan, but I think I'm going to have to pick this one up.

As for the take over of the blog, Jon, January 23, 2010 is national pie day, so you should be able to satiate your pie lust today. ;-)

abhishek singh said...

the way u've blended beautiful figurative work with a sense of stylization , it's amazing , even your compositions have a unique voice ,your work is always worth the wait
:)

abhishek singh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
samax said...

um...
HELLYES!

Tyler Richlen AKA OZ! said...

Your artwork is stupid awesome.