“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, December 26, 2009

"HAVE FAITH..."_sketches


Childhood living is easy to do
The things you wanted I bought them for you
Graceless lady, you know how I am
You know I can't let you slide through my hands

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain
Now you've decided to show me the same
No sweeping exits or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie
I have my freedom, but I don't have much time
Faith has been broken, tears must be cried
Let's do some living before we die

Wild horses couldn't drag me away




21 comments:

Giant Lenin said...

Your drawings are so wonderful, this whole set was moving in ways I can't describe. Thank you

Paolo Boscolo said...

top art and storytelling. round of applause.

Chanko said...

¡Absolutely breathtaking!

Each panel is a total masterwork...

I really like your style.

Pit said...

You're my hero dude.
Awesome work.

tentopet said...

So cool...

j_ay said...

holy, holy poop...you really never cease to amaze...

Icepick said...

Touching.

I love this.

Matt said...

These pieces are INCREDIBLE! It's a crime that your art isn't more widely recognized. Keep up the TREMENDOUS work.

Tom said...

This work is beautiful. A wonderful series of images, great storytelling. Thanks for sharing!

Benjamin Vaughn said...

These are amazing. Each one.

John G said...

Yeah, this is amazing stuff. I love the bacon. The shot from under the steering wheel is also great. You really know how to make such simple things look so dynamic. It gives choice moments their own gravity- I love it.

jose said...

You make me cry

Neil said...

Way to end the year.

Eric Armand Njanga said...

Your drawings can be a great reference for aspiring artists. Keep it up man, your art is very cool.

Brian said...

Amazing, especially the shot of her breaking down in the truck.

Ming said...

Fantastic.. very inspiring.

Luispa Salmon said...

wow...you really make me fell bad with myself

Alexis said...

wow just wonderful!

Caligola said...

M A G N I F I C O

*colibri* said...

wow. such a multitude of beautiful elements! i love the bacon. i get the impression that the wild horses song is on the cassette tape. good one. thank you for sharing your talent with the world.

Greg Tocchini said...

Amazing... Very inspiring.