“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, November 19, 2009

CIVIL WAR_commission


I started typing an entry thing for this image a couple of days ago only to realize that I don't know my way around a European QWERTY board. Actually, that's a lame excuse. The Euros and their keyboards aren't all that different, I just totally forgot to post this and I needed a reason. So not only is the reason lame, but so am I.

But let's not let my inadequacies in international interfaces detract from the the fact that I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Rome! Well, 'love' is strong, isn't it? That should be reserved for the first, great vinyl record that you've ever bought or the pair of jeans that you've practically worn into a tissue-thin state, yeah? I mean that's 'love', right? So is it better to say that I've got a 'crush'? Okay, okay... "I CRUSH YOU, Rome!"

Uhm... nope. That doesn't work either. I just hear loud and giant klaxons going off as people are running away from coastal areas due to a rampaging nuclear irradiated Gila monster.

How about "I CRUSH ON YOU, Rome!" No? Hmm... last one - "I HEART YOU, Rome!"


Okay, that one will have to do for now because I have other things to do this morning. I'll speak with you all very soon. Also, thanks for all the positive reaction and message posts about the ASM #611 issue and 'preview'. I'll have more to upload later and hopefully I can figure out the Euro-QWERTY. Har!



Oh wait - now I remember. I'm not sure if Jason Schachter has sold this image or if the original buyer has backed out (I'm hazy with the details - that's what good, home cooked meals will do to you - Grazie, Manuela!), but should you be interested in buying this thing - the stipulation that the statement above is indeed true; that the original buyer has receded their bid - then please contact Jason immediately. Roman holidays don't pay for themselves, you know!

4 comments:

Mimi Cortazar said...

Great line art !

Jonboy! said...

Great stuff Eric hope your having fun in Italy! Have a Gelto for me :)

Jason Walker said...

I spent a week in Italy two years ago, and two days of that was in Rome. It's awesome. Florence is well worth the drive up and my favorite part of the trip. If you go, make sure you hit St. Croce, Michaelangelo, Leonardo, Dante and Galileo are just a few of the intelectual and artistic titans buried there. It was surreal to stand in a room with all of them at once.

Tyson Murphy said...

ugh. awesome.