“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Saturday, November 21, 2009

BOOK PLATES_update






Back in the day, when a customer bought a copy of PREMIER[e] they were offered a book plate with an original drawing of their choice.

Due to an oversight on my part and also because I'm not very smart, I completely forgot about doing said book plate drawings before I sent the copies out. So, while I'm away on holiday I decided to remedy my brain fart and do them during the off hours when I'm not gorging myself on pasta and pizza and home cooked meals and gelato and so on and so forth. Hehe. I loves me some Rome. Have I said that already?

Here then are the fruits of my evening's endeavors. Of course I'd write more, but I'm about to get a whole bowl of teramisu to eat all to myself because my gracious Italian hosts think that I can't finish this thing in one sitting. They don't know who they're messing with. Me and deserts are like Marty McFly and a time traveling DeLorians.

Enjoy and have a great weekend.

10 comments:

Fabian said...

Beautiful works, Eric!! They look amazing!

Tom said...

Damn, these are so nice!! Can't pick a favorite. Thanks for sharing!

arnie said...

Eric, being on the short end of money, sucks. being on the other side, means i 'd have one of these to. great work. enjoy your time off.

happy holidays
-peace out

tragic_antihero said...

. . . as always, mind blowing stuff Eric!

abhishek singh said...

these are AMAZING!

Chanko said...

I see your evening endeavors have produced a good bunch of masterpieces.

I love specially the one with the dragon and Hellboy.

Craig Phillips said...

Great drawing as usual!
c

AlexTuis said...

Eric,

Once again, nice work, wonderful Artworks!
I really would love to see a Fantasy Story illustrated by you.

I also would like to know if you have any step by steps or any comments about the material you use..?
Best,

Wes Craig, illustrator said...

Hey Eric,
I'm a fellow comic book artist working on Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, I've also felt The Hate from the message boards for my work and I want to say personally I LOVE your work, loved it on End League, love it on Spider-man.
Great stuff.

-Wes
http://mojoblender.blogspot.com/

Brian said...

Man, those are all cool, buy my favorite is the Black Canary as I think the riding crop is a note-perfect edition to her costume.