“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

WONDER WOMAN_commission


My lack of recent posts is due to the fact that I am doing conventions back to back to back. Please refer to an earlier post to see which conventions I'm attending this month. I've been drawing, obviously - but I just haven't been able to post anything up.

So, in order to remedy that, here's a Wonder Woman I did at this past Baltimore Comic Con; a show which was fun as all get out and I even got a chance to meet some really good people to boot! I met one person in specific that just blew my socks off and I'll go into detail about them once I have free time (read: you'll never read about it because I never have free time).

Anyhoo, this image is sort of an homage to the WONDER WOMAN #1 cover from way back when. Sort of. Yes, yes... I know it's not as good as the original, but that's for a whole other post all together. For now, I just wan to tell you guys that STEPHANE ROUX and I will be appearing at JIM HANLEY'S UNIVERSE in Manhattan today between the hours of 6-8PM. Please click on the link for more information.

And if that wasn't enough, we are also going to be appearing at this year's BIG APPLE COMIC CON this upcoming weekend. If you can spare the time, please come to the show and drop by our table. We have goodies that will tantalize your eyes and feed your soul. Well, maybe. But... BUT... we will have MR. JONBOY MEYERS in tow as an unscheduled guest traveling with the SCHENGEN TOUR 2009! Won't you make him feel at home by visiting our table(s)?

Thanks in advance, everyone. Have a great week and I hope to see some of you soon.

4 comments:

Fabian said...

Wish i could be in any of those conventions to meet you in person. But i am too far. So, good luck in all the shows! For the moment i continue following you here! :)

B.Wallz said...

Dude this is sick!

It was awesome being able to meet you, and volunteer at the convention. It was a huge inspiration.

BROCASSO said...

I love how much is going on in the composition and it still pops.

Awesome!!

Charlie said...

Hi Eric. Thanks for taking the time to talk with me at the Baltimore convention. I love the [e]LEMENT : SHAPE I got from you there. I have been sharing it with all of my friends, in fact it will be my show and tell for my illustration/book exchange group tonight. I stopped by your booth a couple times to see your progress on this commission and it was just as impressive in blue line as it is inked. (I'm the Firetower Studios guy, who also met you at Heroes Con btw) Anyways thanks for the updates, your Thor is my Wallpaper. lol Get some real non convention food. Eat your greens!