“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WHITE QUEEN_commission


Hey, I played the MEGA MILLIONS while I was here in New Jersey and guess what?!? I didn't win 200 million! How amazing is that sh*t?!

So instead, I'm going to continue to peddle my art wares at comic book conventions until they kick me out.

Also, sorry to keep these commentary posts so short lately. Although, I know there have been some of you who believe that I talk way too much on here and would prefer I just stick to posting art. Tough nuts - I'm gonna talk because I have the time. Except this time.

I've gotta get my phlegm-corroded lungs ready (and by 'ready' I mean take an overdose of MUCINEX to clear the bad boy out) for the last convention of the year. Watch out BOSTON COMIC CON; here comes the Eric Flu.

(**Note: I don't know why or how, but Blogger is washing out the saturation on this image. Ah, well. You can always count on technology to not work properly when you need it to.)

8 comments:

Charlie said...

I never think you too wordy on your blog. Hell, it is your blog man, type away! Anyways...I know you are tired, busy, and sick and all...but I am curious about what medium you colored this commission in. Was it gouache, copics? Neither?

Neil said...

I love your colored pieces.

Greg said...

DAMN, that is a beauty! Love the red jackets framing her in with the hood thing coming out the top.

All of these con commissions have been amazing, btw.

Chris Shields said...

Holy crap, that's awesome.

j_ay said...

Your art always speaks for itself but additional typing is always appreciated and enjoyed.

Amazing Emma.

neil said...

i wd luv to see ur rendition of the Hellfire Club! Gr8t piece

She-Thing said...

Dios, I'd buy whatever comic comes out with THIS cover. Incredible, more.

Frank said...

Hi Eric,

I'd rather send you a private message but I wanted to make sure you received this.

Can't thank you enough for your generosity and graciousness at Big Apple. Your critique was really insightful and your answers inspiring.

I'm glad to see the commissions you did posted on your blog. It saves me having to explain to my friends what you did with the Batman/Catwoman piece you did. Heh heh heh.

I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. Most probably you're being inundated with homeopathic remedies so I'll spare you mine.

This White Queen looks hot. (No pun intended.)

Good luck in Boston and be well.

Peace,
Frank Reynoso