“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, October 19, 2009

SUPER LOIS_90 minutes


SAM RAIMI has kooky ideas and tells silly, silly stories. I finished watching 'Drag Me To Hell' a little while ago and I walked away with thinking, "What the hell just happened right now?!"

It's probably because I was distracted and busy drawing this image, and I had to keep the volume on the television super-low because everyone in the house was still asleep so I couldn't really hear anything.

Yeah... let's say that's the reason.

3 comments:

Paolo Boscolo said...

I definitely going mad for this one!! love it.

these last commissions of yours are really great.

shane oakley said...

...tell you what happenned; he remade the classic CURSE/NIGHT OF THE DEMON as a TOM AND JERRY cartoon and irritated the hell outta me and my gal.

gorgeous pic, as are all these recent commissions; big, brave swirling shapes and poses.
always a pleasure, always an inspiration, always first class.

Tommaso Valsecchi said...

Amazing... as usual, of course!