“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Sunday, October 04, 2009

SPIRAL_commission


Today is Sunday, last day of the LONG BEACH COMIC CON. I've been very fatigued and haven't slept well. Technically, my body thinks convention season has since passed and that it doesn't have to worry about the crazy hours I keep when I have to do a show. "Lies, " says my poor tired bones! Thank goodness that this venue is closer to home.

But soon... oh, soon...

Anyways, here's one of the three commissions I took all weekend. Compare that tally to STEPHANE ROUX's fifty bazillion commissions and you'd think that all I did this convention is fluff off and stare at hot convention babes for three days. And you'd be right. Because I'm scum.

Nah. That's another lie. I'm just tired and talking crazy. Enjoy.


PS - If you've dropped by or will drop by my table this convention, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you as directly as this electronic entry will allow. I appreciate your patronage and support, I am inspired and encouraged by all of your kind words, and I am humbled that you all pay attention to the stupid things I put to paper. Thank you all.

7 comments:

Paolo Boscolo said...

Mojo doesn't look to happy. but Spiral is hot and dangerous as ever!!

Brian said...

Looking forward to seeing you next week in Baltimore.

Georgeasaurus said...

Me too! I can't wait...only six days!

Tatevik Avakyan said...

Great sense of movement in this piece!

Pepe Larraz said...

Wow, I really like your art, Eric, and you're one of my biggest influences. Your work is wonderful, and I follow it closely.
If you want to see my blog, if you have a moment, here is the link.
http://jldrawings.blogspot.com/
Thanks, and congratulations!

Alina Chau said...

YOu always have the coolest action pose and layout!! U ROCK!

AlexTuis said...

I love this character and once again you did an amazing "re" design of her!

Wonderful job!