“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, October 26, 2009

SCHENGEN DONE_commission


Today is the last day of my convention-ing. My compatriots and I head back home from the Boston Comic Con (BTW, the convention itself is a quaint show, but its size, venue, expected attendance are a great way for me to wind down from 4 weeks worth of hand shaking and commission drawing...whew!) and I swear it couldn't come any sooner. I'm tired, I've got a slight case of bronchitis, I'm on a steady diet of NyQuil, DayQuil, and Mucinex and I haven't run consistently for weeks now. I feel gross.

That's not me complaining, that's just how things turned out.

On the upside? Well, there isn't enough time in my early morning to tell you ALL of the cool things I've done this month. Also because forming a list of cohesive thoughts isn't difficult - it's an impossibility. Thank you, Robitussin DM! But I have been absolutely blessed with so many things this past month! I've met creators, I've read new books I never would've been exposed to, and MOST IMPORTANTLY - I met a a million and a dozen fans. And I don't care if I am sick - if it means I get to shake the hands and thank each and everyone who has shown me their support over this giant accident tha I call a career, it's well worth it. Thank you SO much to all of you who dropped by, said 'Hello!', 'I loved your work since the Verotik days, man!' I'll take all of that because it means the world to me.

We even got invited to go to an early Halloween party last night! What fun! And just as a pre-emptive strike/note; if there are those of you who happen to see some crazy person dressed in a full-on Scooby Doo costume who seems to resemble me, that's not me. I swear. You don't have proof. And even if you did, I'll deny it outright. Hehe.

Last, I want to give Jason Schachter my thanks. I've never seen a guy bust his hump in setting up my and Stephane Roux table, pimp our work, coordinate hotel rooms, play part-time manager, promoter, taxi service and personal assistant and not ONCE complain about it. Well...okay. Once. But everyone's allowed a moment to gripe, yeah? So this one's to Jay. Stop your griping.

Okay, that's all for now. I'm coughing up phlegm and I'm sure you wanted to read about that. Enjoy your Sunday everyone. I can't wait to get back home.

But for now, enjoy The Avengers.

3 comments:

Brian said...

You rocked that Avengers commission, Eric. Craig is a lucky man.

Glad you had a great time in Boston and it was great seeing you, Scooby Do.

Tom said...

This rocks! I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing more about your upcoming projects.

Stan Shaw said...

Shoot! Speaking of Verotik days, that's where I first saw your work, (I did some anthology stories and Sunglasses After Dark) However I did pick up the way old Eon Flux book from forever ago. I really love your work and have always found it very inspiring and humbling. Your stuff is like a nice bit of sweet hot candy in the vanilla comic book art world.