“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

OZ AND ENDS_commission


This is an image done as an entry into a cool "Wizard Of Oz" themed sketchbook I got a chance to work on at the Boston show.

I'm sleepy now and I'll avoid trying to think in order to write something witty. I'll leave all of that to you guys.

PS - The preview pages for AMAZING SPIDERMAN #611 is up at NEWSARAMA. Check them out for yourself and read along as the fans riot. Hehe.

7 comments:

smaluvspancakes said...

So, I just wanted to say how inspiring your work is. Everything is amazing, and some are beautiful images. I hope I can be a fraction of the artist that you are :)

Haha, sorry for gushing. I just thought I'd finally post a comment on the blog after so long.

j_ay said...

I can't stand the misused term "Genius".
But your Oz piece?
Genius.

No comment on the sneak peek on your Spidey, as I'll wait until it's in my hands. I'm old-fashioned that way.

Lan Pitts said...

Who cares about those haters. My feeling is that you've got two feet in the door about to party, they weren't even invited to help with valet parking.

Keep doing what you're doing.

John 'Roc' Upchurch said...

ree-dickulus this is crazy..and the pages are sick man. keep it ill, homie

Alina Chau said...

This is totally enchanting!!

Brian said...

Incredible. You may have been feeling a little under the weather in Boston, but it didn't show in the art as you were knocking 'em out of the park all weekend.

AlexTuis said...

Certainly one of the best Alice representation I ever saw!!