“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

LOEG vs. THE MOLEMEN_commission


This is another entry in Emmy Award winning 30 ROCK actor SCOTT ADSIT's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen themed sketchbook.

There were a lot of mole men and it was a large sketchbook, so it took a bit of time. But if you're going to draw in a sketchbook which has Adam Hughes, Brian Stelfreeze, Stephane Roux et al - you'd better bring your A-game.

Or in my case (considering I'm not as good as any of those artists mentioned above) I brought multiple versions of the only game I've got: my C-game. And I decided to overwhelm you with useless details. Hooray! My apologies if it's not easy to see the image because the figures are so small, but point and shoot cameras aren't as good as studio scanners. My favorite part is doing the Invisible Man and his shadow. Do invisible people have shadows? I should've done more research.

Yeah. C-game. That's just how I roll.


PS - I'm still sick. I need chicken soup. Stat.

11 comments:

Kristina Bustamante said...

Oh, my God...all those mole men! I love it <3

And fuck yeah, Adam Hughes!!!! So cool that you're going to be a part of a sketchbook that will have his stuff in it. Congratulations!

John G said...

Uh... that C-Game is beyond killer.

chris chUa! said...

this is awesome! love the design of it.

DPetersen said...

Jeckel's shadow is awesome as well!

Alexander Kramer said...

I think you did an absolutely awesome job. The question of the Invisible Man's shadow reminds me of the book Shadow Club by Roberto Casati, although I'm not sure if it deals with invisible-shadows.

j_ay said...

No disrespect to those other peeps but they don't grade with me, you're fuckin' tops, man.
"A+" each and every time.

Chicken soup is a myth; vitamin up with fresh fruits.

Neil said...

Are you nuts!? Scott let me flip through his book (well, 1 of 4 he had going) at Baltimore. Your LOEG piece where you couldn't see any of their faces was conceptual genius. Brilliant!

Colin said...

Wow, another great piece. Adsit's got to post his collected sketches somewhere so we can all curse him with envy.

Kheang Kho said...

Thaz just redingdongdiculous E!

Kheang Kho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CeeCee said...

Your pieces are the BEST in his sketchbook!
-Christina <3