“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, October 22, 2009

AMIDALAS_commission



I was slightly confused as to which version of AMIDALA/PADME I was commissioned to do - action version or queen and country version. So, I did them both.

Neither are very accurate, costume-wise. I know this, you Star Wars fanatics. Put down the light sabers. I took some creative liberties because... well, quite frankly there was no way I could be bothered to look up the outfits and make them look exactly like the movie. I'm lazy, remember? So basically, the only way you know either one of these women is Amidala or Padme is because I just said so.

You're just going to have to take my word for it; it's really them them. Honest. I wouldn't lead you astray.

I promise.


Oh, BTW - If I haven't nauseated you all with the the fact that I'm going to be at the BOSTON COMIC CON this weekend, then let's make this the last effin' time I mention it. Okay, that's the last time. Thanks for tolerating my shameless self promotion. I'll see you all at the show.

WAIT! One last thing. I did an interview for THE SUN CHRONICLE, a Boston Newspaper. Thanks to Mike Gelbwasser for the interview and for all his hard work and patience in getting the article together. I am genuinely not worthy.

Okay...NOW I'm done with the shameless self promotion.

4 comments:

Art of Aria said...

really good
I love all your drawing

Lan Pitts said...

Yeah, you took a bit of liberties with the design, but nothing too much of a deviation that it's too abstract and unattractive.

Great job. Have a safe flight!

Tom said...

Cool interview, awesome new peices!! I look forward to hearing more about your future projects and I hope you get to work on some things that are all yours.

Lara West said...

Thanks for your art Eric, always amazing...! :)