“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Monday, September 28, 2009

SCHENGEN TOUR 09 & [e]LEMENT : SHAPE_update



I would like to take this opportunity to inform those keeping up with this blog about the set of conventions that I'm going to this coming October. The string of back to back to back to back appearances has been endearingly (if not officially) named "THE SCHENGEN TOUR '09" in honor of my recent bouts with visa horrors. I will also have a new portfolio available with a lovely cover rendered to perfection by MS. VALERIE NUNEZ - Val stepped up to the plate, took my super-rough sketch of an idea and knocked it out of the park! Thanks, gal! Specific details of the book are below. If you are in the area, please try to make it to she shows. I know that the LBCC is having its inaugural opening this year and I think it's going to be quite a hootenanny.

Once at the show, drop by my table for a chat. I've always got this unnerving feeling that I'm going to be sitting alone with no one to talk to, so anything you can do to help me get through the convention hours would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be there with JASON SCHACHTER who will be selling my original art, coordinating commission requests, as well as trying to corral me and STEPHANE ROUX - artist of DC Comics' 'Zatanna '. Come watch Stephane make me look like a novice with all of those amazing images he does as his commissions. He really is quite a phenom.

Here's the information about the NEW portfolio:


[e]LEMENT : SHAPE - A Collection of Works by ERIC CANETE ($25.00USD, 8.5x8.5" - 48 pages, Full color/Pearl finish cover, B&W interior)


Here are the conventions that I'm attending. Please click on the link for more information about the show:


LONG BEACH COMIC CON - October 2-4, 2009

BALTIMORE COMIC CON - October 10 & 11, 2009

BIG APPLE CON - October 16-18, 2009

BOSTON COMIC CON - October 24 & 25, 2009

All pre-order inquiries and purchases for the portfolio should be forwarded to Jason Schachter. His contact information can be found on the left hand side of this blog. I hope to see you all there. Thanks in advance for your support, everyone.

5 comments:

Valerie Nuñez said...

Aweeesooome!!!

Thanks, Eric!

David said...

wah'can I get one on the interwebz? or only at con?

Andre Szymanowicz said...

Wow, so cool that you have another sketchbook coming out! Nice work on the cover, Val!

I'll most likely see you at Baltimore, Eric. Safe travels!

Georgeasaurus said...

See you in Baltimore, Eric...any chance of a Calvin and Hobbes piece??? I'm super envious of the fab piece in Jared's collection!

Colin said...

Looking forward to seeing you in Boston, Eric. Thanks for coming!!