“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

IRON MAN_90 minutes


So, do you think that when Tony Stark straps on a new piece of machinery onto his back, he thinks to himself, "Oh my god... I really hope this f*ckin' sh*t works and it doesn't explode while I'm in mid-air. Or that the radiation from the electromagnetic power source doesn't make me sterile. Geez - I'd hate to be sterile! Wait. I'm multi-billionaire Tony Stark! Why can't I hire someone else to test pilot this experimental junk?!"

Do you think Tony thinks those kind of things or does he just chug a bottle of JD, disappear into an alcoholic oblivion and press the launch button?

Discuss.

10 comments:

Fabian said...

LOL! Never thought he may be thinking that. I think i can become sterile just for using too much the cell phone so i could never be Tony Stark.

Great piece, Eric!

samax said...

i think Tony loves the dangerous thrill of testing his own stuff. he's a combination test pilot/rockstar/tech nerd. he probably assumes he will die in his armor anyways...

Ming said...

Explosion mid air would be the perfect death in his opinion. And I have no doubt a guy like Tony Stark has something frozen in a save in order to create little Tonies someday!

The drawing is awesome by the way, much detail showing how these parts don't match, and impressive composition as always.

jose said...

You´re a great master. Amazing

BoDiddles said...

I think if he went sterile it wouldn't bother him, he's got so much money he could clone himself and have a little Stark of 100% Stark heritage. He could hire somebody to test his equipment out, but then that might be considered him doubting his abilities. I'll bet he gets so drunk that he says, "If this explodes I'll be OK. I'm in an Iron Man suit."

arnie said...

now that is innovative. a WW2 version of iron man. awesome.

peace out

Mark said...

Yeah, loved that. Great design sensibility.

Tom said...

Great drawing, entertaining words. Thanks for sharing!

Brian said...

Like Willie E. Coyote, Super Genius, the thought that one of his plans or creations would not work perfectly right out of the box never crosses Tony's mind.

The alcohol, of course, is a great help.

;-)

H. said...

In fact I think he wishes these things explode to get rid of the damn hangover.