“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Thursday, September 17, 2009

ANNIVERSARY_commission


An image done as a 'card' (of sorts) and a present for someone's anniversary. It nearly broke my hand because of all the little details. It's my fault, really - I'm the one who drew them in the first place! I'm weird.

Hope you're all doing well.

8 comments:

Tom said...

This is a crazy cool image. I have no idea what it means but I love it.

Fabian said...

Wwooa! You are right, so much detail! Its a great piece you did, that person will be very VERY happy! :)

Jason Walker said...

WTF? I mean it's super cool but

WTF?

j_ay said...

crazy cool!

Mimi Cortazar said...

Very nice!

croquisman said...

excellent,nice work!!

Brian said...

Wow! You, Sir, are a very good friend, indeed.

carl said...

I can see why you almost broke your hand: the details are nuts. So looking forward to your workshop with CDA.

-carl
kidfrodo.com - my sketchblog