“Today, in our field, there is so much talent and recognition that we are reaching a saturation point. An artist should no longer strive only for breathtaking craftsmanship; he should, instead, try to help us live better, either by dressing the wounds that are constantly being opened by society, or by offering solutions to get us out of the mess we’re in…But it’s going to be difficult and we have a lot of work to do.” - Jean 'Moebius' Giraud

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

LA MER_90 minutes





"Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me
My lover stands on golden sands
and watches the ships that go sailing...

Somewhere beyond the sea
She's there watching for me
If I could fly like birds on high
Then straight to her arms
I'd go sailing...

It's far beyond the stars
It's near beyond the moon
I know beyond a doubt
my heart will lead me there soon..."

15 comments:

Ben BASSO said...

Magnifique !

j_ay said...

in
cred
i
ble

Ming said...

All are awesome, but I think the first is my favourite, the black-white balance is just fantastic, and I love the skirt fabric floating in that way. The stripes and frills make a fine balance with the clouds-sky-sea textures.

Same with that last one, really enjoy the way the pants, hair, jewelery and sand are so different in shape and pattern, but make a simple, perfect composition. And nice ass with those slightly-too-tight bikini pants.

Lan Pitts said...

For some reason, that second one spoke to me.

David Malan said...

Love the first one, great handling of the wet fabric. But really its all great.

Alexis said...

your inking is edible.

BoDiddles said...

I love all your work, and you are one of my favorites. But this type of work I think stands a little bit taller than the others for me.

LoNneR said...

awesome dude.

victoriaying said...

incredible work!

Brian said...

The woman standing in the ocean is my favorite.

EL Gato Negro said...

AWesome O_O

Skotti said...

Have I ever mentioned how in love with your work I am? If not, now's the best time to do it. I am so completely and totally enamored by your art, it makes me work harder on mine so I can be just like you.

Aleta Vidal said...

great stuff like always! regards

Zee French Artist said...

Amazing Art, Eric... As always. Can't wait to see you join us in Paris, man!

Scott Altmann said...

Wow- stunning works. Is that first one available to buy? I wants it :)